Marina Travellift / Forklift Operator
Seeking experienced individual capable of operating a marine travelift and forklift, and assisting with all facets of yard operations.
•Haul, block and launch boats
•Work closely with the Yard Foreman and assist fellow crewmembers as needed
•Operate yard machinery including 75-Ton Travelift, 50-Ton Travellift, 35-Ton Travellift, 35-Ton hydraulic trailer, forklift, power washer, etc.
•Availability to work overtime when required
•Carry out additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills & Qualifications:
•Excellent customer service skills/communication skills
•High school diploma or equivalent preferred
•Previous marina experience preferred
•Ability to work in all weather conditions
•Ability to lift 50 pounds
•Basic boat handling skills a plus
•Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced professional environment
The Dockhand is responsible for assisting the marina team in order to serve marina customers and guests by performing a variety of tasks including but not limited to general operation of the docks and assisting boaters. The Dockhand must work to maintain a safe and clean environment throughout the marina facilities.
- Greet all customers in a manner that expresses a kind, courteous and professional character
- Help forklift operators tie up boats for in and out service.
- Assisting in hauling, blocking, and launching various boats, large and small
- Other miscellaneous duties in boat yard Skills & Qualifications
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and an understanding of customers’ needs
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills while working both independently and within a team context
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and work unsupervised
- Eager to engage in a growing, fast paced, and industry-leading company
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- IRA – Company Matched 3%
- Life Insurance Pay
- Compensations with Experience.
- Top Pay & Benefits for our Industry.
Bert Jabin Yacht Yard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bert Jabin Yacht Yard complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at Bert Jabin Yacht Yard, 7310 Edgewood Rd, Annapolis, Maryland 21403.